Friday 20 May 2011

Places to go, people to see: Fountains Abbey

Occasionally, I go to some exceptionally nice places. And I take photos of them and stuff. So consider this the first in a semi-regular series of those places. My first subject is the gorgeous Fountain's Abbey near Ripon where I spent a lovely afternoon post-Royal Wedding. Or, as I like to call it, the most middle class day ever.



Looking down the main aisle of the Abbey. Very appropriate after watching the Royal Wedding!

Love this photo of the arches down the side of the main Abbey.

Store room. Serious architecture.

I'm not one for religious iconography, but I find this very atmospheric.






Fabulously well preserved mosaic floor at the Abbey's alter.

The tower.

Looking back at the Abbey from beautiful Georgian water gardens.



Me and my mum.

Me and my dad.

And me and my iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment