Tuesday 21 January 2014

SAG Awards: best dressed

Ding ding, round two! As awards season edges ever closer to the big one (the Oscars, duh) the runners and riders had another chance to show off their red carpet wares at the SAG awards this weekend.

So who came out on top?

Amy Adams in Antonio Berardi

I love a good cobalt dress and this is a good cobalt dress. Perfect fit + interesting cutouts + fantastic old Hollywood styling = best of the night for me.


Lupita Nyong'o in Gucci

All hail Queen Lupita of Awardsseasonland. The colour is perfect, the fit is spot on, the embellished neckline is stunning and the styling is so cool. I can't even imagine how fabulous her Oscars gown is going to be!


Helen Mirren in Escada

I mean, does Helen Mirren ever look bad? No, no she doesn't. This dress is her typical age appropriate and glamorous best. Love the fuss free styling too, something that a dress with this much embellishment always looks better with.

 

Morena Baccarin in Monique Lhuillier

Again with the beautiful cobalt. I love this look for its old school simplicity. The colour, the fit and the beautiful draping - not too mention some incredible curves - are totally doing it for me.
 
Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior Couture

As previously stated, I'm not a huge fan of the J-Law/Dior collaboration. Most of the time this is because I find the Dior looks age the divine Miss Lawrence. This one I love though. It's simple, sexy, glamorous and modern. Plus the styling is fab.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment