Wednesday 21 March 2012

Style crush du jour: Jennifer Lawrence

I'll confess I don't really know much about latest It film The Hunger Games. I know it's based on a book. I know male lead Liam Hemsworth is hot (not as hot as his brother Chris, of Thor fame, though). And, I know female lead Jennifer Lawrence is a) a great actress, b) gorgeous and c) one of the best dressed people around at the moment.

That last point is the one that's impressed itself on my mind the strongest. Her wardrobe for the promotional tour has been jaw droppingly good. Let's take a walk through some of the best bits (to date).

Starting strong:


At the world premiere of the film in Prabal Gurung. I think the word I'm looking for is fierce.

Still going for gold:


Same colour, totally different style. Ladylike in Ralph Lauren at the UK premiere.

And now for something completely different...


Looking completely sultry in Tom Ford at the Paris premiere. Proof that the right LBD is just as effective as the most extravagant evening gown. Love the poker straight hair and crimson lips too. Smoking hot!

But, y'know, sometimes you do just want to wear an extravagant gown. Enter Marchesa.


If you're going to go for extravagant then who better than Marchesa to provide it? Love the matchy matchy red shoes too.

Time for my personal highlight. The next three beauties were worn on the same day. (I want her life.)


1) Keeping it simple in Raoul for an appearance on Letterman. The perfect LBD strikes again.


2) Back in Prabal Gurung to leave Letterman. The gold lace on this is lush.


3) Flashing a bit of flesh but keeping it classy in gorgeous green Calvin Klein. The cut and colour of this dress are so perfect for her shape and colouring. Also? Boob envy. Just saying.

And I'm sure there are more to come, but that's for another blog post. Let's just hope the film is as good as her wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment