Monday 12 January 2015

Best Dressed at the Golden Globes

Award season is here again - hurrah!

And also how the hell has that happened? The passage of time is a bitch.

It was a good looking red carpet this year wasn't it? A few minor missteps (Amal, you're brilliant and I love you but white gloves? Really?), a couple of pleasingly major missteps (Keira, Lana - just no) and a whole lot of loveliness. Some kickass major trends too - I'm very much in favour of red and silver making waves.

Here, in no particular order, are my favourite looks...

Diane Kruger in Emilia Wickstead

Image source.
One of two and a half silver looks that make my top five, I love the simplicity of this beautiful gown. Fit is always king for me and this is impeccable. I love the classic Old Hollywood styling too - the waves, the sort-of-subtle bling and that gorgeous mother of pearl clutch. The divine Diane rarely puts a foot wrong and this look is certainly no exception.

Emma Stone in Lanvin

Image source. 
This Lanvin jumpsuit - an item of clothing to which I can generally best be described as ambivalent to - is just divine. Tapping into the silver trend with the stunning bodice, it's actually the mannish tailoring combined with the sweeping bow belt that does it for me. As-minimal-as-possible styling is the cherry on top of this fun, youthful, achingly cool look.

Julianne Moore in Givenchy Haute Couture 

Image source. 
Sometimes, more is more. This is one of those occasions. All over sequins, ombre feathers, diamond earrings, that red hair; whatever Julianne is selling I'm buying it. Major moment.

Lupita Nyong'o in Giambattista Valli

Image source.
Just because she's not nominated this year, don't for one minute think lovely Lupita is bringing anything less than her A game to the red carpet. I adore this floral creation so much, especially the beautiful textured bodice. Simple accessories and that winning smile complete the look perfectly.

Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney

Image source. 
Things I love about this dress: the colour, the simple cut, the sleeves and, possibly most of all, the pockets. Overall the effect is somewhat revolutionary in that not only does it look gorgeous, it looks COMFY. I would 100% wear this look and the fact that it's on such a beautiful tropical fish* as Amy P just makes it.

*If you don't get the reference, get off my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment