Monday 26 January 2015

Best Dressed at the SAG Awards

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of underwhelmed by the SAG red carpet.

There was a lot of 'oh that's nice but', with the buts ranging from distractingly creased fabric (Gwendoline Christie) to too much detail (Claire Danes) to just being a bit boring (Emilia Clarke, Felicity Jones). The continued fall from grace of Rosamund Pike - a disaster in Dior - is distressing to me as well.

But thankfully some ladies (and Eddie Redmayne - when does he not look perfect?) brought their A Game though. Here are my favourites, in no particular order...

Emma Stone in Christian Dior Couture

Image source.
This girl can do no wrong for me at the moment. After her unexpected jumpsuit at the Golden Globes, she pulled out this perfect take on the tux. The dress is fun, interesting and youthful and she 100% sells it. The ear cuff, effortless styling and those green eyes are the icing on an impeccable cake. Long may she keep marching to the beat of her own drum.

Camilla Alves in Donna Karan Atelier

Image source. 
Running Emma close for my favourite of the night, I'm all about the colour of this stunning gown - especially set against Camilla's beautiful olive skin. The cut is immaculate, the demi-cape detail is perfect and her minimal styling is bang on. With a dress like that who needs jewels?

Reese Witherspoon in Giorgio Armani

Image source.
I love Reese's chic, minimal version of glamour and this stunner is no exception. With a dress almost completely devoid of detail - though I love the matte sequins at the neckline - and completely devoid of colour, the cut really has to be on point and this really is. A smattering of diamond and a simple hair and make-up look complement the minimal aesthetic perfectly.

Lupita Nyong'o in Elie Saab

Image source.
This dress is so unusual and I just love it. Abstract flowers and stripes are two of my favourite prints at the moment so combine them and add in sleeves and I'm totally on board. Another home run for the red carpet's most consistently well dressed woman. Love the braided hair too.

Natalie Dormer in Naeem Khan

Image source.
I'm pretty sure it's been scientifically proven that Natalie is the mos beautiful woman in the world and I almost always love her style. Another win for abstract flowers, I love the delicate print on this gown from one of my favourite red carpet designers. I just wish she'd teamed it with a punchy pink lip. Still a beautiful look, though.


Onwards to the BAFTAs...

No comments:

Post a Comment