Monday 21 February 2011

Things I'm loving this week

You know what? There's not enough cheeriness in my world. I'm not a naturally cheery person, to be fair, far from it. I like to think it's the combination of my Celtic and Yorkshire roots but more likely I just enjoy complaining. And I do enjoy complaining. But by way of making an effort at cheerfulness I'm introducing a new regular feature to the old blog. Nothing special or complicated, just a list of things that are making me smile each week. Hopefully it'll be more imaginative than the word 'Anton' over and over again 52 times. But we'll see.

This week I'm mostly wearing: an on trend and snuggly fringed cardigan from Topshop. I love all things Americana, and it looks like something a cowboy might wear. You can buy it here - although the sizing is generous and I'd advise you hunt it down in store and try it on first (I'm wearing a size smaller than I usually wear from Topshop and it's still lovely and loose). I'm teaming it with my most worn in jeans, bright turquoise Converse high tops and my Anton and Erin Puttin on the Ritz t shirt.

This week I'm mostly listening to: Lance Ellington (can't get enough of that man!), Cee Lo Green (the best album I've heard in ages) and Sheytoons. You may not be aware of the latter. They're a sort of folksy indie band (think Mumford) comprised of two of my favourite West End stars Ramin Karimloo (of Love Never Dies) and Hadley Fraser. The musicianship on display is awesome - these guys are scary talented. You can check out their music on YouTube, but this is my favourite song of theirs currently, Losing:



This week I'm mostly watching: Boardwalk Empire on Sky Atlantic. This week, and every week. Because it is superb. The best thing that's been on TV in so long. Steve Buscemi is my new god.

This week I'm mostly eating: At Melton's Too, my favourite restaurant ever. If you're ever in York you must go there - the seasonally changing menu is to die for. Doubly excited about this trip as my parents are coming up for a visit, thus it's free!

This week I'm mostly reading: Undisputed by Chris Jericho. It's a WWE memoir so not for everyone, but if you have even a passing interest in 'sports entertainment' it's well worth a read. Funny, readable, pleasingly naughty and full of great anecdotes about all the big name Superstars of the past few years. It's a froot book (a comment that only makes sense if you've read it).

No comments:

Post a Comment