Monday 16 January 2012

Golden Globes: Best Dressed

Oooh I do love awards season. It's not that I'm shallow but, y'know, PRETTY DRESSES! And it kicked off last night with the Golden Globes. The very obvious key trend for this one was soft, muted colours - nudes, whites, creams - which I have to say I'm a bit meh about. But still there were some gorgeous gowns.

Here's my top five looks, in no particular order:

Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace


A master class in both less-is-more dressing and how to be coordinated without being too matchy matchy. The neckline is gorgeous, but for me the highlight is the wrap detail at the hip. And no one does a blood red pout like Angelina.

Helen Mirren in Badgley Mishka


Age appropriate glamour at its absolute finest. Demure but glam with a blinging belt to highlight her ridiculous waist. And how is her skin that amazing?! I demand to know!

Emma Stone in Lanvin


Wowza. Fabulous colour, especially against her colouring, fabulous cut. The punky belt - which really shouldn't work but does, brilliantly - gives it edge.

Nicole Kidman in Versace




One that's divided fashion writers, but I love. The detailing is gorgeous and the cut shows off her incredible figure. Love the subtle gold accessories too.

Lea Michele in Marchesa


Another look that hasn't been universally loved but, again, I think is lush. Yes there's a fair bit of flesh on show here, but it's subtle enough to be classy. The liquid silver is gorgeous on her curves and I love the emerald bling.


No comments:

Post a Comment