Monday 30 January 2012

Screen Actors Guild Awards: Best Dressed

Ah the SAGs. The award ceremony with the worst acronym and the least publicity. And this year some pretty uninspiring fashion, for my money anyway.

I've picked my five favourites below but in truth no one really grabbed me the way they did at the Globes earlier in the month. I guess it's just a question of personal taste, but for me it was just all a bit... safe.

That said, here are my top five in no particular order (all of whom I think look gorgeous, previous comments notwithstanding):

Amber Heard in Zac Posen


Not usually a fan of fish tail dresses, but this slinky number does the look subtly. Same goes for the cut outs. A master class in dressing for your shape, the aforesaid cut outs draw attention to all her best bits and the overall look is a modern take on the classic Hollywood vamp. Not convinced about the Jedward-esque quiff though!

Emily Blunt in Oscar de la Renta


The colour of this dress is stunning. It hangs really beautifully too. I like the detail on the bodice and the silver accessories are great against the vivid colour of the dress. 

Lea Michele in Versace


It's so Versace it's almost a cliché and it's try hard but jeez how good does she look?! Love the draping on the bodice, love the accessories (silver strikes again - and can we just all take a moment to look at those amazing, pointed Cassadei pumps?!) and love the pared down hair and make-up. I find all things Glee very annoying. I wish they'd stop dressing so damn well!

Jessica Chastain in Calvin Klein Collection


Such an amazing colour that really shows off the uber simple cut of this dress. CK is the CKing of pared down futuristic fashion (Jennifer Lawrence at last year's Oscars anyone?) but the simplicity of his gowns is what makes them special. Gorgeous earrings too.

Natalie Portman in Giambattista Valli Couture


Beautiful colour, beautiful cut, beautiful detailing. More love for the silver accessories too. Quite why she chose to skip the red carpet whilst wearing this I'm not sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment