Wednesday 22 February 2012

Brit Awards: best dressed

Like pretty much everyone I know, I have no interest in the outcome of the Brit Awards whatsoever. I don't like Adele, I have only a dim idea of who Ed Sheeran is and I find Coldplay inestimably dull.

But it does have a red carpet. And where there's a red carpet there's some pretty dresses to get excited about...

Rihanna in Givenchy Haute Couture


One of my absolute favourite looks of awards season so far, this look is stunning. There's literally nothing I don't love about it. The dress, the accessories, the shoes, the hair, the make up - all gorgeous. And let's all take a minute to admire the leather gloves. Divine.

Jessie J in Falguni and Shane Peacock



So subtle this is not, but what a knock out dress. I'm not usually a fan of this sort of thing, but the detailing on this is exquisite. I especially like the frothy hem. I love the contrast between her jet black hair and accessories and smoky eye make up with the bright red too.

Lana Del Rey in Vivienne Westwood


You can't go too far wrong with a Vivienne Westwood corset dress and this is a stunner. Very simple and with minimal accessories and make up and natural hair, this is a case study in letting a beautifully cut dress do all the talking. Gorge.

Kylie Minogue in YSL




Another very simple, completely gorgeous dress on the Queen of Pop. Love the colour, love the cut, love the embellishment at the waist, love the bling. Nice to see Kylie showing the young pretenders to her throne exactly how it's done!

Pixie Lott in Dolce and Gabbana




Black and red is always a great combination, as this look proves. A great fit with great detailing and another example of minimal accessories letting the dress take centre stage. And her up do is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment