Wednesday 2 March 2011

Things I'm loving this week: week 2

This week I'm mostly wearing: my Wales rugby shirt, since it was St David's Day yesterday. Although I've been living in exile (in a non-dramatic, non-former-despot sort of way) for ages now and am frequently - and correctly - told I don't have a trace of Welsh accent, I'm still really proud of my Celtic roots. Today, I'm working smart casual for a day of London meetings. I'm teaming my Asos dusky pink peg trousers with a plain black top and Dune monochrome brogues. I lose these shoes - the closest I will ever get to being able to dance an Argentine tango!

This week I'm mostly listening to: when the flat is otherwise empty, Pink's Greatest Hits. It's a great singalong album and I have been singing along - loudly - a lot. I'm also loving My Chemical Romance 'Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys'. Not usually my favourite band, but this album is great. Pretty up tempo, not emo, and featuring the truly awesome lead single in Na Na Na. 

This week I'm mostly geeking out over: the Irish election coverage. Specifically, how much better it was than anything I've ever seen over here. The debate was reasoned and civil, the punditry was top class, at no point did anyone dress up as a cowboy (Jeremy Vine I'm looking at you), and it was STV. I'm not going to go into the finer points of why STV is amazing but it just is, and the preference-related punditry it leads to really makes the coverage interesting. This was clearly a game-changing election for Ireland and it was cool in a highly nerdy way to watch that happen. 

This week I'm mostly planning: what to wear to Lib Dem Conference in a couple of weeks time. Specifically, is it purple patent or black glittery on the shoe front? Decisions decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment