Tuesday 8 March 2011

Things I'm loving this week: week 3 (the return of the grump)

I'm not going to lie, this week I'm struggling to find things to love. Currently I have an absolutely streaming cold, the worst I've had in ages. This is compounding the stress of a heavy work week in the run up to Lib Dem Conference this weekend. Even Conference - which I adore - is hardly filling me with joy on the grounds that it involves spending a weekend in the immediate company of the ex. Frankly, it causes me some consternation that we have to be on the same planet, being in the same small collection of hotels and bars in the same city is just a depressing concept. Don't get me wrong, there are loads of people I'm looking forward to seeing at conference, not least some bloke called Nick (with whom I still agree, by the way), but it's not been a month yet and everything is still too raw. At least there'll be wine, I suppose. Lots of wine. Anyway, some cheer:

This week I'm mostly wearing: since it's conference, it's all about dressing it up and breaking out my 'I'm a  real grown up, honest' work wardrobe. I have two training sessions to deliver on Saturday (fingers crossed my voice holds up!) and will be doing so in a Next Peter Pan collar LBD and Kurt Geiger patent purple kitten heels. For the rest of the time, I'm currently thinking* my new ASOS ankle length boyfriend jeans and Sam Edelman sequinned lace up flats.
*normal rules on a woman's prerogative to change her mind apply!

This week I'm mostly eating: PANCAKES!! I love pancake day and am massively excited about over indulging as soon as my flatmate gets home. I'm all about the sweet toppings and went a bit nuts with chocolate, caramel and maple syrups as well as traditional lemon juice and sugar. I've even made some caramelised banana sauce from scratch with no recipe - very proud. I don't know why I don't eat pancakes more often since I love them and they're super easy to make. Probably to the benefit of my general health that I don't though..!

This week I'm mostly planning: lots of exciting things. The best solution to current crappiness is planning future excitingness, as I'm sure someone of note has said much more eloquently. So on that logic I'm currently planning an October getaway to somewhere warm, sunny and luxurious (suggestions welcome). There's also been a week-cheering announcement from Anton: Tour 2012 is on. Needless to say I'll be going. Check out this video for said announcement and other insights that have brought me some cheer:



This week I'm mostly listening to: Kesha. Judge if you must, but I love her album. It's my current post-shower soundtrack and does put a spring in my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment