Tuesday 1 March 2011

New Dancing With The Stars line up revealed

I don't normally do lunchbreak blogging (yes I do take a late lunch, what of it?) but this is a quickie. And I am excited about it.

The celeb line up for the next series of Dancing With The Stars was revealed today. For those that aren't aware, DWTS is the American version of Strictly (shown in the UK on Watch) and it runs two series a year. Normally it kind of passes me by to be honest, mostly because I'm never inspired by the celebs (or the pros...) on it.

This series is different for me as it includes a couple of people I am super excited to see! The full line up looks like this: actress Kirstie Alley, radio host Mike Catherwood, (ex?) WWE Superstar Chris Jericho, Disney actress Chelsea Kane, retired boxer Sugar Ray Leonard, actor Ralph Macchio, model Petra Nemcova, rapper Romeo, NFL player Hines Ward, reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson and chatshow host Wendy Williams.


First of all, WWE + Strictly-type-show = my personal heaven. Chris Jericho is/was (he may or may not be returning to WWE at some point) one of my favourite Superstars. His alternate day job is lead singer of the (dubious) metal band Fozzy so you can imagine the sort of swagger going on here! Given how choreographed WWE is, and given how agile Jericho's move set is, he should be pretty good. 


Second of all, I love Kendra, who rose to fame as one of Hugh Hefner's three live-in girlfriends. I loved her in Girls of the Playboy Mansion. I love her current eponymous reality show. I even love her frankly quite annoying laugh. She's not particularly graceful or coordinated but she is really sporty so should have good fitness levels. My mind is currently boggling over quite how they're going to squeeze her... erm... best assets into some of the costumes. I can't wait to see!


The series starts in the US on March 21st. Check out the show's official website for full coverage or this article from the Daily Mail (health warning!) for a UK friendly summary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment