Friday 1 October 2010

The quest for the perfect jeans

It's only a mild understatement to say I live in my jeans. They are the absolute staple of my wardrobe and, since I work from home, I wear a pair for most of the day every day. Subsequently I go through a fair few pairs. Which means I have to shop for a fair few pairs. Which means I am permanently on the hunt for that fashion holy grail: the perfect jeans.

Every woman knows that this is one hell of a hunt. Sizing for women's clothes generally is a colossal pain - but for jeans it's even worse. I guess this has something to do with the nature of denim as a fabric, but for me the problem is always picking a style that fits my oddly proportioned body.

There is no denying that I am an odd shape. I'm 5'7" - not small by any measure - but I have tiny legs. My bottom half is two sizes bigger than my top half if I'm in trousers, one size bigger if I'm in a skirt. My waist is pretty small relative to the rest of me and really high. I have a fat arse and thighs; good boobs and a ridiculously short neck. And I can't walk in heels to save my life, but that's another post for another day!

Buying jeans that fit and look good is therefore a bit of an obsession of mine. I tend to go for wide leg and boyfriend styles - they work with my generally laid back vibe. Skinny jeans are an absolute no no for me, and I don't like boot cut. Dorothy Perkins denim is my brand of choice. Indeed the current leg of my quest in inspired by the fact my favourite DP faded boyfriends finally gave up on life during Lib Dem Conference in Liverpool. One of the belt loops has ripped off - leaving a fabulously inappropriate hole in the back! - and there's a rip across the inner thigh. All very kinky, but not hugely practical for everyday wear!

So I was very pleased to discover that Asos Curve (Asos for women with a proper figure - tough luck skinny people!) had some real beauties new in - vintage peg legs. I'd not really considered a peg leg - loose through the thigh and calf, tapering tight to the ankle - before. But as I had a discount code for Asos I thought I'd give them a go. And they were only £30.

They arrived this morning and I LOVE THEM. They look fab and fit perfectly. I mean completely perfectly. They're great quality and some of the detailing - like the little off centre starts on the buttons and metal work - is really high end. I'll definitely be buying another pair (or two). They are just so good! And Asos do free next day delivery too, what more could you want?!

So there you go. Asos Curve denim. Go buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment